Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Farm Share Week 1 and Menu Plan


We got our first Farm Share this week! Lots and lots of greens :) which is something I have virtually no experience with so there will be alot of experimenting this week! So glad we did this, because these are things I would completely skip over at the market, plus we can test things out and see if we want to try and grow them ourselves next summer.

So quite obviously each week this little box is going to dictate what our menu plan looks like! Hopefully it will always look nice and healthy ~ which will make me a very happy mommy :)

This weeks box contains ~ 1 lb (Ultra Lean Corn Fed) Ground Beef, Mixed Green Salad, Spinach, Arugula, Broccoli Raab, Garlic Scapes, Culinary Lavender and Lettuce.

I used the Garlic Scapes last night to make a type of Garlic Scape spread on bread to have with Spaghetti and Meatballs :) soooo yummy I will post the recipe soon.

Speaking of recipes each week the we get a sheet of recipes emailed to us from the Farm to give us suggestions of what to make with our veggies...very helpful and where I am going to be getting most of my recipes from this week.

So anyway on to the Menu Plan

Tuesday ~ Something involving Ground Beef, Arugula and Rice...which will require some experimenting so I will post the results later :)
Wednesday ~ Sandwiches...Maybe soup? Depends on what the weather does.
Thursday ~ Porkchops (that I never made last week...) with Spinach Salad
Friday ~ Broccoli Raab and Chick-Pea Pita Pizza (Recipe from 8 Mile Farm)
Saturday ~ Hamburgers with Salad
Sunday ~ Meatloaf (as Requested by Matt)
Monday ~ Depends on what we get in the Box...I will figure out a way to use something in there :)

Also I am going to use the Lavender in a Scone recipe that came from the Farm :) never made scones before so this will be a first on 2 levels...

2 comments:

  1. I really need to look into a farm share!

    Mmm, lavender scones! I made a recipe that KC posted on her blog with linguini and arugula that was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I bet you can get some good stuff out there in CA, it seems like it would be a better Climate for fruits :)

    The two main things I wanted with a CSA were fruits and a delivery service lol couldn't find either one in my area but that's okay this will make me think outside the box and I can always get my fruits at the Farmer Markets.

    Ill post the recipe when I make the Scones and I'll check out KC's recipe :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete