Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ktloo's Carrot Cake


So sorry for the lack of posts lately...things have been just crazy lately...BUT I do have a recipe to share!

Matt picked up some carrots at a local farm stand so I decided to make up some carrot cake, however I couldn't find one recipe that I liked everything about so I just winged it and came up with this...

Ktloo's Carrot Cake

3(ish) cups shredded carrots
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
4 Eggs
1 1/2 cups applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 handfulls :) Crasins

Preheat oven to 350, mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased (Pam'd?) 9x13 pan and bake for about 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Neufchatel Cheese Frosting

1 8 oz package Neufchatel Cheese (a/k/a philly cream cheese lol)
1 softened stick butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
enough powdered sugar to get the right consistency you are looking for

cream the cheese and butter together, add the vanilla extract and about a cup of powdered sugar, keep adding sugar and mixing until you reach a consistency you like


I was kinda really proud that I whipped this up and it actually came out good/edible/not burned/tasting like carrot cake :) it was rich and super moist and super tasty and everyone ate it! I will definitely make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment